9.03.2010

Quick update

I took my first shower yesterday. Really, it was more like half of a shower, because the shower bag ran out of water before I got around to washing my back or hair (fortunately, I hadn’t put shampoo in yet). But I don’t even care that I’m not totally clean. It’s enough just to be outside and not smell terrible. We’re meeting the County Commissioner to talk about wolves, so Phil encouraged us to look nice. Consequently, I took off my Beer Mile shirt and put on a dress over jeans and under two tank tops with a cowboy hat. I feel like quite the outdoorsy fashionista.

I’ve been really into photography the last few days. I haven’t felt this inspired to just get out there and shoot in a while, so I’m hoping to have a good visual record of the semester, in addition to some nice shots of people and scenery. I took a few good close-ups of other Westies, and I’ve now decided my goal for the semester is to get a “glamour shot” of everyone on the trip. So far, I have six. I’m pretty excited about it. I hope eventually we’ll get enough bandwidth that I can post some photos here, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

That’s all for now, since we have to load up the suburbans. I promise a more substantial update later, but in the meantime, check out the Semester in the West website: http://semesterinthewest.org/

No comments: